Between now and June 2024 we all need to get the ride-planning juices flowing and block out some free time for the rides. Here are some of the past rides we have done, which are some of the best dirt/pavement rides going on anywhere. The Ride Reports Form has several of them captured.
1. 2024 May (??)-The Quail Motorcycle Gathering – Quail Lodge & Golf Club, Carmel, California
2. DDMC Crater Lake Ride-Dirt/Pavement Camping & Motels – June or July.
3. DDMC Reno to Pacific Dirt Ride (Combo of Sheet Iron & Lost Coast Club Rides)- Before July 4th or just after.
4. 7-8 day Northern Nevada Dirt Ride – Reno Deano’s Old Route (October)
5. ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS
I have many tracks for rides in Nevada and California for developing additional rides.
Before we even get to 2024, I am thinking we should plan a ride between Xmas and New Year’s this year. Most people can get away that week. It is also a good week for a getaway ride since it will be cold and snowy here. The Pacific coast could be great then. We’ve done Ridgecrest/Death Valley that week in the past.
I like both your ideas. The Quail Motorcycle Gathering was definitely a fun ride and I’d be up for doing that again along with some of the other rides. Kurt, were you thinking road or dirt for a Pacific Coast ride?
I was thinking of a dirt (dual-sport) ride. Between Xmas and New Year’s I guess any rides at lower elevations could be possibilities. Baja would be fun but I’m figuring on having 7 days free from 12/26/23 to 1/1/24. I’m not sure that is enough time to get all the way down to Mexico and back. Ideally I’d like to be back home for the 31st so my wife and I could do something fun in town. Something to talk about at the next meeting?